Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Look of the Day: Zero Dark Flirty


Hey, everyone! As you may gather by the title of this post (I'd apologize for the cheesy pun, but I quite like it!), today's Look of the Day is inspired by the glamorous, retro look donned by the lovely Jessica Chastain at this year's Oscars ceremony. 


In an earlier post, I featured my favourite Oscars makeup looks this year (check it out, here!) and Jessica's makeup most certainly made the cut. In fact, it was my most-loved of the night! The look is characterized by bold, red lips, nearly matte skin, sculpted tawny cheeks, sleek black liner, and lush lashes. It channels the aura of a 1940s screen siren, yet simultaneously looks current and fresh. Here are a couple shots of the look that inspired this post, Jessica at the Oscars this year:




The key feature of this look is most definitely the lips. I carefully examined my collection of red lipsticks to determine the perfect shade for this look. I ultimately chose a combination of Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipsticks in Ambition and Decisive to emulate Jessica's dramatic lip colour. I was happy with the results! You can see swatches of all of my Emotional Brilliance Lipstickshere

For the cheek colour, I combined Laura Mercier Crushed Hazelnut Blush, a tawny golden bronze and Sleek Life's A Peach blush, a warm, matte peach. The eyes were given a touch of drama with my trusty Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black and a few coats of one of my favourite mascaras, Clinique High Impact in Black.

Here's another shot of the look, then a breakdown of all the products I used:



The breakdown:

Foundation: Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation #784
Concealer: Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF15 in Real Sand
Powder: Lush Emotional Brilliance Translucent Face Powder
Bronzer: Laura Mercier Powder Blush in Crushed Hazelnut (used to contour)
Blush: Sleek Blush in Life's A Peach

Highlighter: Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in Sandstone

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Eye Shadows: Laura Mercier Powder Eye Shadow in Sandstone (all over lid and on brow bone and inner corners to highlight) and Bare Escentuals Mineral Eye Shadow in Madras (blended in crease and outer corner)

Eyeliner: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black

Lips: Mix of Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Lipstick in Ambition and Decisive



And a few more photos of the look:








That's it! I'd love feedback on this look- how do you think I did at re-creating Jessica's look? Either way, I had a lot of fun with it (who doesn't love rocking a bright red lip once in a while?), but it would be great to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for reading! xoxo


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar