Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I have seen the light

For the longest time I have been bashing the 4.0 system. It has been the bane of my existence for a while. And many people have agreed with me in my assessment.

But maybe I've been unfair. Looking over the book again (which I bought on a whim today, realizing the genius behind the system) I realized that I can not fault a system that has decided to become more economical in its battle system and more efficient in skills. It makes gameplay faster, meaning I can beat up monster after monster faster, and I will be able to level up to the most pumped up badass Warlock ever.

And to be honest, there is something a lot more efficient in these multiple versions of the Player's Handbook. Not like I was going to spend my money on anything Wizard's didn't make, right? I might as well spend it all on tons of books full of characters that are all streamlined to make the toughest ass-kickers around.

All my complaints about setting are completely unfounded. It doesn't matter really right? If I'm fighting a beholder in a lava pit it's no different than fighting it in the forest or underground in a lair right? That's all setting's good for, so why am I worried about it?

Lastly, how can you not trust an RPG that has such a pretty cover design? It's like they took Mac's style and made it for D&D. That obviously means it's top quality.

Tomorrow I'm telling my PCs that we're switching to 4.0, I'll find a way. Mark today as the day when I have seen the light. 4.0 is the FUTURE! Those who say otherwise are obviously too stuck in the past.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar