Wednesday, I received a call from GM and learned that my complaint was being investigated and that I would be contacted today.
I missed the call, returned the call, and learned that since I had my car repaired by an independent mechanic and since he didn't use GM parts, GM will not reimburse any of my expenses.
So, there you have it:
- GM engineered and manufactured a faulty part that has caused thousands of engines to burn antifreeze.
- GM has never issued a recall.
- GM would not repair my car because it was out of warranty.
- GM never suggested that if I took my car to a GM-authorized repair facility that it might cover the expense.
- And now GM tells me that it won't reimburse me the nearly $700 I had to spend to fix my car as a result of GM's failed part.
Which means? When the time comes – though I hope it doesn't come for several years – my next car will be a Toyota.

0 Yorumlar