Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Deion Sanders good option for the state of Florida to replace Mike Norvell

ESPN football analyst Booger McFarland says Deion Sanders coaching Florida State is “inevitable” at some point after the Seminoles’ 0-2 start under Mike Norvell.

Sanders led Jackson State to a 2-0 record ahead of Saturday’s game against Louisiana-Monroe.

“Doesn’t it look like Florida State and Deion Sanders are on a collision course?” McFarland said Wednesday during “The ESPN College Football Podcast” with Kevin Negandhi.

“Exactly!” Negandhi said.

“It hardly seems like we’re wasting time,” McFarland said. “Deion is doing his thing, proving he can handle a program. He’s proving he can drive. And he might be the most famous Florida student ever. Doesn’t it look like they’re on a collision course?” “

“Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they make that move in the next year or two.”

Sanders played on the defensive in the state of Florida from 1985 to 1988. He then played in the NFL from 1989 to 2005.

In this March 28, 2017 file photo, SEC Network analyst Booger McFarland, right, broadcasts during NFL Pro Day Florida in Gainesville, Florida.

“I was very skeptical as to whether Deion wanted to coach or not,” McFarland said. “But he’s shown he wants to do all the work. Yeah, he’s still flashy. He’s still Coach Prime. And I think as he gains more experience, he’ll continue to know when he can be Coach Prime and when he’ll have to be X’s coach,” Y, Z – whatever that school, because there is a difference.

“One, I’m promoting myself and my brand. The other, I’m promoting the school I work at. … You can promote your brand, I believe, in Jackson State, but when you go to a Power Five school, it’s about school. , I think Deion will get all of this.

“But it looks like the inevitable is the state of Florida and Deion, man.”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar